26 August 2010

Mykayla Skinner

I'd like to shine a light on my sister-in-law, Mykayla Skinner. She is nothing short of amazing. At only 13 years old, she has been competing around the country at the 2010 US Covergirl Classic, 2010 Arizona Elite Qualifier, 1st ever Nastia Liukin Supergirl Cup, and most recently, the 2010 VISA Championships at Hartford. She works so very hard toward her goal of being on the US National Team for Gymnastics and competing in the next Olympics and we don't doubt she'll go all the way. We're all rooting for you Gollygol!
*On a side note, I want to say thank you for being such a good lil' auntie. The boys ADORE their Gollygol and get so giddy when we drive up to your house. It's so cute how much fun they have with you.

P.S. You've inspired Brayden to take his somersault to a whole new level.
Before I met Mykayla, Jeremy warned me about the "credit card" (hand swipe up my butt crack when I bend over). Sure enough, she gave me one. It just goes to show off her playful, fun-loving spirit that I hope she always has. You can't take life too seriously, after all.

For more pics of her tricks and updates on scores, check out her website.

No comments: