15 September 2011

Nursery Inspiration

I've been trying to decide how I want to decorate my little girl's room once we move. I've searched the Internet for a picture of the perfect nursery that I would want, but I cannot find anything. It's all so themed with flowers and ladybugs and too bright of colors for me. I guess I'm too picky. I know what I want in my mind and so I'll just have to make it myself. I'm on the lookout for the perfect fabric - maybe a damask print in lilac with a coordinating plum print. Throw in some cream colors, off-white, or white. Haven't decided. I did however, find some pictures for the inspiration of Averi Brooke's new nursery. (Yes, Averi is a girl name. Especially when you put a heart instead of a dot over the i )

love the idea/colors of this pillow and would be super easy to make
 cute little table to sit next to the rocking chair. Maybe painted a distressed plum color.
 this nursery is a bit too modern for me, but i like the feeling it gives. it's refreshing.
 white chandelier with white pearls/beads is a must. adds such feminine charm.
 Love the color on the walls- purplish gray. Also love the iron rod crib and all the fabrics.
 Pearls! I have some great ideas for decorating with sweet pearls.
 flowers on the side instead of being the focal point is much more my style

Excited to find the perfect fabrics and get to sewing and creating. Might be a while til it's all finished since I've got a lot going on, but I'll be posting as I go.

No comments: