02 June 2010

Diaper Cake!

I'm putting on a baby shower for my sister-in-law this Friday and made this wonderful creation. I live with 4 boys, so I'm always surrounded with blues and browns, and other neutral earthy colors. I rarely see anything pink. Let me just say I had a blast creating with different shades of pink and girly fabrics. My fave is hot pink! So I used it as much as possible :) without dismissing her nursery themed colors.

Inside the bottom and middle layers is a large bottle of baby lotion and inside the top layer is a 5 oz baby bottle. It took about 60 diapers with a rubberband around each one, lots of ribbon, various baby items (I chose a pacifier, pacifier clip, teething ring, baby rattle, and rubber duck) and fake flowers to add extra sass. I also made a matching baby blanket, but was too big to attach to the cake, so I'll just present it next to it. I forgot to snap a pic of that, so I'll post later. I covered a large plate with some fabric and violla! It's an adorable diaper cake!

I followed these easy directions if you want to make one:
http://www.plan-the-perfect-baby-shower.com/diaper-cake.html
(Sorry, the link insert wouldn't work)

No comments: