14 January 2011

Canvas Painting


This was inspired by a picture I saw in a catalog. It was on only one canvas and looked a bit different, (not to mention over-priced), but my imagination grows. (pun intended) My husband is standing behind it holding them together, so that's why it seems crooked :)

My sister asked if I'd paint her something for her newly re-decorated living room (which turned out muy eye-pleasing) and so I thought it'd be a good idea for her xmas gift. I always underestimate how long a painting takes, (because of 3 cute little interruptions) so when crunch time came around, I stayed up until 2 am three nights in a row to finish it. (was actually kind of fun because my hubby stayed up with me and we visited while I painted) I was just glad I got it done in time to bring it down with me for the holidays.
...and my favorite part...was knowing (or believing) that she really did love it.
Next time I go to her house, I'll have to take a pic of it hanging on the wall.
Is it wrong to love your own work? Cause I love it. (I guess because it turned out much better than I thought it would).

No comments: